As the world’s longest established maritime security company, MUSC has the unique position of being the only commercial company consulted by the IMO when developing the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and the associated IMO model courses. Since then MUSC has trained over 12,000 people worldwide and has been the preferred training provider for numerous Governments, Classification Societies, shipping and multinational oil & gas companies, port operators and many law enforcement agencies.
Our courses are delivered by some of the industry’s leading consultants who are still active in the field and have extensive experience of current legislation and best practices relevant to the maritime sector.
Although specialising in matters of maritime security, we also offer a range of courses related to maritime safety and administration, only some of which are highlighted below. If your training needs are not accounted for here then our team at email@example.com will be pleased to arrange a consultation to discuss your requirements and demonstrate our solutions.
Course dates: (All PFSO courses run Tuesday to Thursday)
22-24 March 2022
21-23 June 2022
20-22 September 2022
15 – 17 November 2022
To familiarise delegates with all aspects of the International Ship & Port Facility Code and best practices in implementing security within a Port Facility.
Who should attend?
- Persons nominated as a PFSO or Deputy PFSO.
- Port Management.
- Security Supervisors
- ISPS Auditors
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Duties of a Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
- Understanding the ISPS Code
- Threats to maritime security
- Security measures required at each security level
- Port Facility Security Surveys and Assessment
- Facility Security Planning
- Monitoring the Facility
- Security training and drills
- Applying the Declaration of Security
- Overview of port and ship security
- Dealing with stowaways, piracy and hostage-taking
- Identifying weapons and improvised explosive devices
- Security equipment and systems; capabilities and limitations
Included in the Course
- All course materials
- Copy of presentations on a flashdrive
- Internationally recognised certificate
- Hard Copy ISPS Code Book
- Lunch and refreshments
Course Duration: 3 days
On board the historic HQS Wellington in London. We also deliver corporate courses at the client’s own venue of choice throughout the UK and worldwide, including Africa and the Middle East.
Please contact MUSC’s Training Department on either +44 (0) 207 101 4951 / +971(0)7 206 9700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all course informatio15